[AZ-Observing] Re: Crescent Venus Images

  • From: Michael Collins <cal_donley@xxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2015 12:34:53 -0700

On 08/16/15 10:06, Tom Polakis wrote:

The temperature Saturday morning in Tempe while I imaged was 104F, which is
still quite a bit cooler than the temperature on Venus.

The temperature Saturday afternoon in my observatory while I was
installing the pneumatic valve for the roof lifts was 122 F, though it
did drop down to 118 F after the door had been opened for a while. It
wouldn't have been so bad if the ten minutes I estimated I'd need in the
building hadn't required over an hour in total.

Excellent images of Venus, on a day when I'd never consider so much as
looking for the planet. Were those taken using the ZWO camera on the
Teeter Dob?
--
cal_donley@xxxxxxx