[AZ-Observing] Re: Crazy Weather

  • From: Stan Gorodenski <stanlep@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 02 May 2010 13:19:06 -0700

I hadn't thought of it, but I think you are right. Global warming
predicts higher winds, and this is certainly what we are having now. It
has been extremely windy, and not just from one direction. Perhaps the
higher erratic winds are resulting in a mixing of the upper and lower
atmosphere bringing the upper cold precipitation to the ground as snow
before it has a chance to warm up. Or, it may be the melting of the
north and south poles, Greenland, Glaciers, etc., is resulting in colder
air moving from the north to the south at latitudes of Arizona.
Stan