[AZ-Observing] Re: Copernicus in Good Light

  • From: "Wayne (aka Mr. Galaxy)" <mrgalaxy@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: Az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 06:28:00 GMT

15480 Empire Rd.
Benson, AZ 85602
hm ph: 520-586-2244

We're having intermittent high, thin clouds down here too, but the seeing seems
to be pretty good. I had looked at the moon earlier this evening, noticed how
nice Copernicus was, observing it a few times over an hour or two, noticing
four bright dots in the middle (illuminated mountain peaks) and seeing the
string of craters outside it,  but concentrated on the Straight Wall area and
looked for small craters around it. I was using about 420x and the image held
up pretty well. I also fully resolved the close double star 52 Orionis (about 1
arcsec separation) just SW of Betelguese with that magnification. It's been
quite breezy all day long here and is still blowing a little. I hope to get up
later to look at galaxies after the moon has set.

Clear skies,
Wayne (aka Mr. Galaxy)