[AZ-Observing] Cone Nebula

  • From: Howard Anderson <handy13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: EVAC ONLINE <EVAC@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, sac-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, AZOBS <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 15 Feb 2013 15:17:11 -0700

Hi all,
I just finished processing images I have taken
over the last few days of the Cone Nebula which
is in the southern region of NGC2264.

Please click on the last image displayed on
http://www.astroshow.com/Nebulae.html
to see it in detail.

Comments welcome. I am still trying to get a good handle
on image processing...

This is one of my favorite objects.  I first saw it in
an astronomy book that I was reading in the 4th grade...
All deep sky object photographs at that time were
black and white!  Somehow it made an impression on
me anyway...

Thanks,

Howard
http://www.astroshow.com