[AZ-Observing] Re: Comet Q2

  • From: Howard Anderson <handy13@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Jan 2015 20:33:38 -0700

Yes!  Really nice!  I do not recall ever seeing any
comet images with similar structure...

I am shooting the comet tonight.  Finally figured out which
direction the tail is pointing and that helped a lot!  :-)
Should have checked earlier.  Simply find the comet
in TheSkyX or equivalent and then find the sun.  Tail
of course points away from the sun.  I was faked out by
other people's images on the internet that showed the
head to the left and the tail to the right but that is not
how it is...

Thanks,

Howard