[AZ-Observing] Comet Panstarrs in 20X80 binoculars

  • From: stevecoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: SMTP <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 03:23:11 -0600

Howdy all:

Here is my observation of Comet Panstarrs from Tom Clark's place about
30 miles from Deming, NM.  I rated the transparency at 5/10, we had some
dust storms this afternoon.  The Moon is getting thick, so this may the
last time I get to view it until the end of the month or June at
Fredericksen's Meadow.

20 May 2013 New Mexico  20X80 binoculars
Just me at 2 AM again.  The comet is pretty bright, large and elongated
3X1 with a
pretty bright nucleus.  There is a faint anti-solar ray that is at an
angle of about
135 degrees with the nucleus.  Overall, it looks like a capitol letter
"L".  The
anti-tail is easier and more prominent with averted vision.

See ya;
Steve Coe