[AZ-Observing] Comet Pan-STARRS from Chandler, 3/12

  • From: Joe Larkin <joeclarkin@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 12 Mar 2013 19:29:03 -0700 (PDT)

Easy with binoculars near the moon from around a mile west of I10 between
Chandler&Ray. My son and I observed with 10x50 and 9x44 binocs from the roof
out a second story window. Bright stellar core with an elongated fuzz around
it. Too much local light to see naked eye but it was easy in pretty bright
twilight. The moon showed some nice earthshine as well.

Joe Larkin