[AZ-Observing] Re: Comet PanSTARRS briefly seen

  • From: Sam Rua <sam@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 11 Mar 2013 21:47:20 -0700

A photo from this evening's viewing. I went out west of Tucson to get a cleaner
horizon. There definitely was more muck in the sky compared to yesterday. As a
result, I was not able to pick this up naked eye this evening. A bit of a
bummer because the setting was so much nicer than what I saw the previous
evening. Glad to hear that others had more ideal viewing conditions. I agree
with Brent that tomorrow evening should be very nice with the crescent Moon. I
hope some of the dust and other muck moves on for a more pristine western
horizon.

http://www.pbase.com/image/149165824

- Sam