[AZ-Observing] Re: Comet Lulin SUPERIMPOSED on Gegenschein

  • From: "Wayne (aka Mr. Galaxy)" <mrgalaxy@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 3 Mar 2009 00:13:56 GMT

15480 Empire Rd.
Benson, AZ 85602
hm ph: 520-586-2244
It would seem that Saturn is approaching the same type of superposition in a
few days, but the moon may interfere with that juxtaposition. Very nice shot,
Chris.
I have actually seen the Gegenschein below Leo in my observations from my back
yard this past week. It interferes with my view of the galaxies!!
Did anyone notice several NGC galaxies in Comet Lulin's tail a couple days ago?
I was tracing the tail for a few degrees with my 13-inch and caught sight them.

Clear skies,
Wayne (aka Mr. Galaxy)

-- <sam@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Great timing, Chris. Very good capture of a rare event.

-Sam