[AZ-Observing] Re: Comet Lovejoy

  • From: "J. D MADDY" <maddy0485@xxxxxxx>
  • To: "az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Nov 2013 09:56:37 -0700

The scope is the C14 with the Hyperstar and a Canon XSI camera. (Modified) I
don't think the modified camera is needed for comets, but it was convenient.
Dew started to move in again at 5:15AM as the pictures start to dim. Maybe I'll
wrap a heating pad around the scope next time! The hair dryer works, but it
only works for a short time. And, it's noisy in the quiet morning. We don't
have enough dew to warrant a dew heater.
JD