[AZ-Observing] Re: Comet Lovejoy

  • From: "Bernard Miller" <bgmiller011@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 25 Nov 2013 16:09:39 -0700

Very nice JD.

Bernard

-----Original Message-----
From: az-observing-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:az-observing-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of J. D MADDY
Sent: Monday, November 25, 2013 9:25 AM
To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [AZ-Observing] Comet Lovejoy

It cleared up this morning nicely. The Moon was a bit bright, but 13 and 15
second exposures were enough to capture Lovejoy. After about 20 minutes, dew
set in on the corrector plate and it was nearing sunrise, so I didn't bother
to plug in the hair dryer. The temp was a cool 27 degrees. The core is a bit
blurred as I used 32 frames to stack. The comet moves a lot in 8 minutes.
Several small galaxies can be seen throughout the picture. Even with the
short exposures. I couldn't get M63 in the same frame. It was just a bit too
far away to frame it in the 14" with the comet.
http://www.flickr.com/photos/59454099@N00/11051463493/

JD Maddy
Clarkdale, AZ