[AZ-Observing] Comet Jacques in binoculars

  • From: stevecoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: SMTP <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2014 03:50:27 -0700

Howdy all;

I spotted Comet Jacques C/2014 E2 this morning in my 8X42 binoculars.
This was at 3:30 AM from the Happy Jack RV park about 40 miles east of
Flagstaff.  It was rather difficult, small, round and very little
brighter in the middle.  It stood out from the Auriga Milky Way with
averted vision.  Several images have been posted on Cloudy Nights
website and there is a very thin tail.  I am certain it is far beyond
the capability of my little binoculars.

The comet is moving toward Perseus in the morning sky.

Take Care;
Steve Coe