[AZ-Observing] Comet Jacques in ED 80

  • From: stevecoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: SMTP <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2014 04:11:21 -0700

Howdy all;

I wanted to shoot some images of Comet Jacques this morning and I did
that.  While tracking along to get a shot I can provide an observation
of this comet through the ED 80 at 40X.  It is pretty bright, pretty
small and larger with averted vision.  I could just see a very light
green color.  This comet is elongated 1.2X1 and has a somewhat brighter
middle.  It is located about 10 degrees southwest of Capella and just
making its way into Perseus.

Take Care;
Steve Coe