[AZ-Observing] Comet Holmes Sat Night

  • From: "L Knauth" <Knauth@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2007 20:39:46 -0700

The comet is similar to last night, except it seems larger and I think =
the nucleus is brighter (?).  It took it about 24 seconds to transit =
across a cross- hair intersection last night without the clock drive on =
and takes 28 seconds tonight.  It remains an incredible sight.

It is now a really striking object in my finder (an old WWII M-17 =
spotting scope).

Paul Knauth
School of Earth and Space Exploration
Arizona State University