[AZ-Observing] Comet Animation

  • From: "Jon Christensen" <jonc97@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <evac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 09:59:47 -0700

I shot this animation of the comet last night from Vekol starting at 10:44 and
ending at 11:24.  It has 30 frames.  Each exposure was one minute long and was
shot with my 210mm astrograph and STL11000 camera binned at 2x2.  The file is
1,320 KB so it is a bit large.  I processed each frame in the animation exactly
the same way.  The background gets progressively brighter from the first image
to the last and I don't know if it was because of my equipment or if the
horizon got slightly brighter the further down the comet went although I
suspect it was the equipment.  The bottom line is I can't see any real changes
in the comet in my pictures so you may not want to download this file.

http://members.cox.net/jonc96/comet20-50-cropped.gif

Jon Christensen