[AZ-Observing] Re: Comet 17/PHolmes - Swan Band filter

  • From: "Kolb, George (MCOE)" <George.Kolb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2007 11:45:07 -0700

I got some images of the comet last night. First I tried a webcam but
had much trouble focusing.  Contrast was very poor with the milky bright
sky from the moon.  Next I tried my DSLR.  Better results but nothing to
brag about.  Last, I tried my DSI that I use for guiding.  It gave the
best results.  Again nothing to brag about but it did show some
interesting features of the comet from the 11 to the 3 o'clock position
in the image that I could not see visually through my TEC 140.  Has
anyone noticed these chunks during their observations?  George

http://www.pbase.com/geokolb/image/87898223/original

http://www.pbase.com/geokolb/image/87898298/original

=20