[AZ-Observing] Re: Comet 144P/Kushida

  • From: Jeremy Perez <jeremy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2009 12:02:20 -0700

Stan, Sam & Wes, thank you.

Wes, I am so glad I chanced upon your auction on eBay last year! The
XT8 has been a wonderful scope. Thanks for breaking it in so nicely :)

There's a nice crop of visual comets drifting around now, including C/
2006 OF2 (Broughton) and C/2006 W3 (Christensen).

If I can overcome my early-morning observing handicap at the next new
moon, I'm looking forward to C/2007 N3 (Lulin) and 210P/2008 X4
(Christensen).
X4 Christensen will be within a degree of M107 on the morning of Jan
9 (with the 13-day-old moon setting on the opposite side of the sky).
N3 Lulin will be visiting a number of 11-13 mag galaxies in the next
couple months, and within 1/4 degree of the Eskimo Nebula on March 14.