[AZ-Observing] Cloudy weather cause by my moistons

  • From: Rick Scott <rmscott@xxxxxxx>
  • To: AZ Observing MLS <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 07 Sep 2002 14:53:02 -0700

I have to apologize for the cloudy weather we're having this weekend and
take responsibility for the clear skies we had all August. On August
1st, I took the lenses from my Lurie-Houghton telescope to California to
have them anit-reflection coated. Because the scope was taken apart,
there we no available moistons causing the clear August skies.

Last week I reassembled the telescope with the newly coated lenses so
the moiston count went up significantly. I then planned on taking the
scope to Vekol tonight so that caused an exponential increase in the
number of available moistons to the point that it even caused the severe
storm in the Gulf of Mexico.

So much for the weather. I'm looking forward to trying out the scope to
see if I can see any improvement in the contrast and sky background when
near the moon or bright planets. Looking at the front of scope with the
coated lenses is really quite something as the lenses are almost
invisible now. It almost looks as though the secondary assembly is
floating in thin air.

Rick Scott
http://members.cox.net/rmscott

messages.  Thanks.