[AZ-Observing] Re: Clear at Antennas

  • From: "Wayne (aka Mr. Galaxy)" <mrgalaxy@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, haclist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 11:49:35 GMT

15480 Empire Rd.
Benson, AZ 85602
hm ph: 520-586-2244

Follow on to my previous message...

In fact I stayed up and observed until about 4:30am. What a relief it was to
wear only three layers of clothing rather than four! It stayed rather
comfortable until I got tired and decided to call it a night when the
temperature was about 34 degrees.

I did some great galaxy hopping in the area east of M104. There are several
hundred faint fuzzies suitable for the 25-inch, some pretty large, but most of
them small, and I only had enough time to sweep up about 50 of them. The area
is not particularly well charted by the U2000 with a number of fainter galaxies
not plotted at all. Fun night and no problem with dewing. The seeing was pretty
good, though I had spells of turbulence making it difficult to achieve a good
focus.

Clear skies,
Wayne (aka Mr. Galaxy)

From: stevecoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: "az-observing@fre" <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [AZ-Observing] Clear at Antennas
Date: Tue, 1 Mar 2011 02:12:51 -0500

Howdy all;

Joe Goss and I had a fine night of observing and I took a variety of
images.  As I mentioned to several of you, I have gotten hooked on trying
some images of prominent dark nebulae in Monoceros, Orion and Puppis and I
got started this evening.  Some good results and a little dewing by 11:30,
so we are hoping that some nice sunshine tomorrow will get all the water
out of the ground and we can have a night without dew.

We hope to see a group of observers by the weekend.

Clear skies to us all;
Steve Coe