[AZ-Observing] Re: Clear Sky Chart Experience

  • From: Michael Collins <cal_donley@xxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 15 Nov 2014 15:04:36 -0700

On 11/15/14 14:32, Stan Gorodenski wrote:

> What are your experiences with the Clear Sky Chart? It shows completely
> clear, or almost clear, skies from 8am this morning throughout the
> night. However, it is very cloudy now and has been for some time and I
> do not think it will move out that quickly. The chart is way off today.

  The charts are only updated periodically, though more often if
sponsored. Most likely, the weather isn't strictly following the
forecasts. For the most part, I've found CSC to be quite useful, but as
with any predictor of a systems as complex as the weather, not always
perfect. I figure before I complain too loudly about inaccuracy at my
preferred observing site, I ought to drop a few bucks in the hat. Since
I haven't done that, I simply appreciate a service available to me at no
charge and accept the occasional misses.

                                -- Mike --
--
cal_donley@xxxxxxx