[AZ-Observing] Re: Chiggers at your observing site?

  • From: "Jack Jones" <Telescoper@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 22:21:50 -0700

Anybody who has played Half-Life knows how pesky those chiggers can be,
although a shotgun may not be the best weapon in this case. I wonder if tea
tree oil could be as effective as the remedies listed in the article Peter
quoted.

Jack Jones
Public Events Coordinator
Saguaro Astronomy Club
Phoenix AZ
Telescoper@xxxxxxx
www.saguaroastro.org

Sp@m:  Don't try - Don't reply - Don't buy.

From what has been said since my message below, it appears chiggers
were a serious problem for those who did not adequately protect their
legs and feet. It appears my bite experience was unique just as the
experience of those who had chigger bites was unique (compared to me). I
don't think I have ever had chigger bites, probably because I always
wear heavy pants and boots. I'm glad of that because I don't relish the
thought of a chigger dissolving my tissues and then sucking them up!
Stan
>Peter Argenziano wrote:
>
>>In the interest of ensuring an enjoyable visit to an observing site such as
Five Mile Meadow, I