[AZ-Observing] Re: Cherry road FINAL

  • From: <a.goodwin1@xxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 15:43:42 -0500

> From: "Steve Coe" <stevecoe@xxxxxxxxx>
> Date: 2003/11/11 Tue PM 07:57:08 EST
> To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
> Subject: [AZ-Observing] Re: Cherry road FINAL
>
> Andrew;
>
> Thank you, very much.
>
> A LOVE YOU, MAN:))
>
> I appreciate you sticking with it and finding a definitive answer.
>
> I will not have the time to make my way to the ranch house this Saturday,
> but I plan to do so in the near future and discuss with the rancher the use
> of his land for us to stay right where we are.  If that is not possible,
> maybe we can find a site that is on the other side of the cattle guard and
> not too much farther up the road at Flatiron.
>
> Clear Skies to us all;
> Steve
>
> Author "Deep Sky Observing--The Astronomical Tourist"
> Saguaro Astronomy Club website
> www.saguaroastro.org

I am still using my contact downtown to get the property owner name and phone
number. We will need to prepare a document that will release him from claims
(injury and the like) for our insurance. Also we need to be protected from any
action he might take if we damage any property of his. This is usually done
with a handshake and a verbal agreement I don't think that this will be a
problem. These were suggested by friends who think it is crazy to go out at
moonless nights. Most people I have talked to have been very nice and are
willing to help us in any way that they can. And for FREE. If he will not take
our calls or mail Joanne told me to send him a fruit basket (she does have a
point). I will call today.

Clear Skies to all.