[AZ-Observing] Re: Cherry Site

  • From: "Eric Steinberg" <eric@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 13 May 2012 14:44:49 -0400

Heavy sky glow to the south/moderate to the west.  Omega Centuri was
visible but very washed out. Seeing started off around 4/10 improved
after 10 to probably 7/10.  Overhead was very dark - Milky Way was
pretty well defined, but not as dramatic as at Antennas.  And then there
was the dead cow.  Not a problem until the wind shifted to the east.
Winds were light and thankfully variable - otherwise the night would
have ended sooner rather than later.