[AZ-Observing] Cherry Road for Friday and Saturday

  • From: "Steve Coe" <stevecoe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 09:28:06 -0700

Howdy all;

Joe Goss and I will be at Cherry Rd. for Friday-Saturday.  If anyone =
else
wants to make it a two nighter, we would love to have you drop in.

See ya;
Steve Coe

Cherry Road II site Directions

N 34d 30.864'  W 112d 05.140'=20
Elev.  4360 ft.

Drive north on I-17 about 70 miles from central Phoenix to the Cherry =
Road
exit.  This is state highway 169.  Turn left over the freeway to the =
west
and go about 5 miles, just beyond mile marker number 10.  At the sign =
which
says "Cherry 6" turn south onto a dirt road.  Note:  this is the =
opposite
direction of the arrow that is on the sign.  The observing site is about
6/10 of a mile south on the dirt road on the left, a rather large field. =
 It
is one of the few places where the dirt birm on the edge of the road =
will
allow you to drive off the road.