[AZ-Observing] Re: Cherry Road Site - Lat and Long?

  • From: Tim Jones <tjmac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 30 Jun 2010 14:56:00 -0700

On Jun 30, 2010, at 1:57 PM, Victor Herrero wrote:

> Hi Tim, and All,
>> Re: It appears that the WGS84 only adds flattening to the equation to take
>> into account elevation
>
> No, changing the Geodetic Datum changes all coordinates, lat long and
> elevation.

Hmm, I'll need to read that PDF further.  However, since the values (decimal
and deg/min/sec) used were based on a specific GPS value physically attained ar
the site, would there have been a difference between the location via the GPS
coordinates and the site's WGS84 values (unlike the 140M used in the diving
example)?

>> Re: But, we didn't have the decimal values at that time :-)...
>
> I gave the decimal values to find the site next week end, and in the future.

Right - Dick, can someone add these to the Cherry II site coordinates? (
34.51556, -112.08500 ).  Might also be a good idea to remove the references to
Cherry I.

Tim