[AZ-Observing] Re: Cherry Road Site & GASOLINE

  • From: "Steve Coe" <stevecoe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 16:07:56 -0700

Stan;

Thanks for the report, but I would be concerned about gas and availability
over the weekend, when half a million Phoenicians head north for the cool.

If it is clear (ha ha) then I would leave Phoenix with a full tank,
regardless how long the lines are.  That way, you could get to Cherry Rd.
and back on one tank, with some left over in the case of the Subaru Outback.

I am still not completely pessimistic about a Saturday night observing
session at Cherry Road.  Stan can we get a weather report from you about 3
in the afternoon on Saturday?

Take care;
Steve

Author "Deep Sky Observing--The Astronomical Tourist"
Saguaro Astronomy Club website
www.saguaroastro.org