[AZ-Observing] Cherry Road Adventure - Part Trois

  • From: "Spencer, Darrell" <DSpencer@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "SAC Announcements" <sac-announce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 09:03:00 -0700

Before we relegate the weekend's observing reports completely to the
past, I wanted to quickly add my 2 cents.

AJ pretty much summed it up for Friday night.  Clear, cool, camaraderie.
The sky was completely cooperative. And although my planned observing
program was derailed by "new" equipment bugs, I managed to soak up
plenty of eye candy nonetheless.  Plus, it didn't hurt that neighbors on
either side (Crayon and Harshaw) called out frequently to share their
views.

And note to self:  "Even in August at 4400 feet, it gets cooler than you
might think.  My denim shirt, while tolerable, could have used some help
from about midnight until 3'ish (crash time).

Looking forward to doing it again - minus the equipment bugs.

Darrell Spencer