[AZ-Observing] Cherry Rd Sat 6-16

  • From: "Thad Robosson" <starstarcracker@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 18 Jun 2001 08:02:50 -0700

Hey All,

I would like to thank Telrad, AJ, Tom, and Paul Lind for the great conversation
and helpful advice.  It's wonderful to be able to get answers to questions out
in the field, or to tap into some experience to help you with your own
projects.  It was a wonderful nite, and I strongly agree with Telrad's and AJ's
estimates of seeing/trans.  I was able to bag 16 more NGC obs complete with
drawings, and when the moon came up, it was so depressing!  Even more
depressing was waking up just 2 short hours later to a fully illuminated sky!
All in all, it was "Chicken Soup for the Astronomer's Soul" that nite.

One thing though...if any of you by chance know the group that left without the
standard "white light" warning, please remind/inform them of traditional "Star
Party Etiquitte"   This move set most of us back a good 15-20 minutes until we
could get re-dark adapted.  Incidentially, this same group left the only trash
that I've ever seen an astronomer(s) leave behind at one of our treasured dark
sky sites.  They seemed "astro-savvy" enough, but definately uninitiated to
group outings.  The rumblings afterwords were light hearted enough, but with a
very serious (angry!!) undertone, and it's obvious to me that this is something
that all (well, almost all) astronomers care a great deal about.  These are
good topics to discuss beforehand with anyone you may invite out to their first
"dark sky" experience.  Enough of that though, Thanks to all for making this a
great hobby!!!

I'm quite relaxed after that wonderful "astro-massage", hope to do it again
this coming weekend.

Thad

Thad Robosson
Please note my new Email address...
starstarcracker@xxxxxxxxx
SAC Member, ATM subgroup Chairman,
Double star enthusiast
Phoenix, Arizona, USA
112 08.03W, 33 32.67N

The use of your "delete" key is authorized.

---
with the subject: unsubscribe.

messages.  Thanks.