[AZ-Observing] Re: Cherry Rd?

  • From: DBogan3220@xxxxxxx
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 May 2011 23:55:11 EDT

Got an early report from RTMC from one of my newsgroups.   RTMC

...is dying. Fewer visitors & vendors than ever. Even Celestron wasn't
there. Sunny & pleasant temps today, but horrible gusty winds.
So I  guess I'm glad I did not go.  Watching Star Trek on the Sci Fi
Channel
Dwight

In a message dated 5/28/2011 5:21:33 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
acrayon@xxxxxxx writes:

I just  got back from Fredericksen's Meadow.  When I left at 9:30am this
morning, per my plan, the wind was gusting to an estimated 20 or 30mph and
it wasn't the FM type gusts.  This wind was continuous not the  cyclical
kind
from the meadow caused by its heating from sun.

Steve  Coe, myself and another gentleman, with a very nice Mellancam(?),
from
EVAC were there.  There was a little breeze Thursday night and we  have a
7/7
session.  Friday night was much better, no wind and I  called it an 8/8.
This morning the wind was another story.

Steve  said on Friday, he would be there until Wednesday after Memorial Day
and  would decide then if the stay would be exteded.  Unfortunately he
doesn't have internet connection and if his plans change we will not know
about it until he finds a location that will permit him to connect to the
internet.

AJ Crayon
Phoenix, AZ