[AZ-Observing] Re: Cherry Rd

  • From: "Steve Coe" <stevecoe@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 12:54:11 -0700

Folks;

I have to go pick up people at the airport.  I will get out of town =
about 4
PM and be up at the site around 5:30.

If some folks get a chance to explore a little, then Ken Reeves and I =
are
meeting at about 5:30 at a spot that a little further down the usual =
Cherry
turnoff.

So, drive north on I-17 for 60 miles and take the Cherry Road turnoff =
from
I-17 and go west (left), drive about 7 miles and as usual turn south at =
the
little "Cherry 6" sign.  Remember that is the opposite way of the arrow =
on
the sign.  Now continue on that dirt road past the gate on the right and =
ON
the LEFT there is an open area about 1000 yards past our usual set up =
area.

Ken and I will meet there and we can determine what can be done.  If you =
try
a turn off different from our usual site, drop by and let us know.

Let's NOT take shovels to the road, Andrew Goodwin has a contact number =
and
will try and straighten out this road problem with them later next week.

See you up there;
Steve Coe =20