[AZ-Observing] Re: Cherry Rd?

  • From: DBogan3220@xxxxxxx
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 May 2011 18:20:40 EDT

So what do you guy's think that Cherry Rd is going to do tonight.

Dwight

In a message dated 5/28/2011 2:34:04 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
Skylook123@xxxxxxx writes:
I was  just talking with Marker Marshal, our Ranger contact at the Grand
Canyon, and she says they've already had winds hit 60 MPH   today.

Jim O'Connor
South Rim Coordinator
Grand Canyon Star   Party
gcsp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

In a message dated 5/28/2011 1:23:09  P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
rharshaw2@xxxxxxx  writes:

OK.  I guess the :-/ icon is a wry smile?  Got   it.

Actually, it turned out okay last night after the sun went  down.  The winds
stopped (they were hitting 30 knots about 6:00 pm)  and the sky  was good,
though not great.

Today's forecast is  for 40 knot gusts  and even 30 knot gusts tonight.
Sunday's  transparency forecast degrades  badly too.

Richard  Harshaw
Cave Creek, Arizona
Brilliant  Sky  Observatory