[AZ-Observing] Re: Cherry Rd

  • From: DBogan3220@xxxxxxx
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 May 2006 15:46:51 EDT

The Road going north from our turnoff eventually takes you to the  village of
Cherry if you can call it that. At any rate its a ways off and there  are
seeming numerous turnoffs all around to the north. I drove north of the Road
several years ago to see where it leads you do get higher in elevation. Someone

needs to do some exploring I'm sure there are areas that we could use and a
bit  more open its just a matter of finding them. I plan on leaving around 4 to
4:30  this afternoon. Need to take a nap as I just got home from work.

Clear Skies
Dwight L Bogan

In a message dated 5/20/2006 11:22:20 AM US Mountain Standard Time,
kreeves@xxxxxxxxx writes:
Steve,  Andrew and others,

You can get into the site and the way I went in and  out did have tire
tracks,but the family sedan may have problems with  it.  My Ford Ranger with
regular tires had no problems at  all.

The gate is not locked and otherwise it looked the same as last  year.

I agree with you, we need to carefully evaluate where we wind up  and not
damage the land (no plowing over trees and bushes, etc).

As  far as other sites, I haven't looked much in that area.  I did go  up
Cherry road (the opposite direction of where our current site is) and  I
didn't see anything promising.  According to the Prescott National  Forest
map, there are a few roads going north from the highway, but I don't  know
howgood they are and how useful they would be.  There's not much  south
exceptfor the road between Dugas/Orme and highway 169.

Steve,  give me a call when you head out (623)551-8092.  I have some old  hand
held CBs, but I don't know if they work.  I also have FRS radios  which may
bean alternative.

Ken