[AZ-Observing] Re: Cherry

  • From: "Stanley A. Gorodenski" <stan_gorodenski@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 02 Jul 2005 10:01:22 -0800

I observed the same thing yesterday. I had to make a trip to the land
fill and passed the Cherry site. However, that is not the situation
where I am. The skies were, and are, good. If one is traveling along
with the smoke trail, which was going in an north or north easterly
direction, one might well have to travel all the way to Flagstaff to get
out of it. I also stopped at the Cherry site to see if the fires
themselves could be seen from the site (They cannot because the site is
in a slight depression) and observed, as Wes guessed, that it is dry as
a tinderbox.
Stan