[AZ-Observing] Re: Celestron OTA

  • From: "Jimmy Ray" <jimmy_ray@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 20:31:03 -0700

Hi Joe,

You are correct, I am the owner of "Toto" the "tornado" surviving telescope
:-) The OTA tube and optics survived the insult. The overall damage to
different parts including parts of the OTA, mount, and accessories plus
labor and shipping will run just under $1400.00 my deductable is $500.00 so
the insurance company will be ponying up about $900.00. Overall I feel very
fortunate to come out of the deal as well as I did. Also fortunately for me
the guy at the factory who is working on it is a perfectionist.
Unfortunately this means that I won't have it for 5 mile meadow but will
have its little brother pulling the load (C8). Thank you for asking and
thanks again for everyone's support that day...

Jimmy Ray