[AZ-Observing] Re: Celestron OTA

  • From: "Jimmy Ray" <jimmy_ray@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 May 2008 19:19:46 -0700

I have the C8 and the C11 both are excellent OTA's and stand up well against
any of the competitive products. Sharp optics, high quality manufacturing
considering mass production, price,  etc. The only thing one would miss with
the new C11 OTA's is the carbon fiber tube (beautiful and very strong). The
new tubes are aluminum just as most all of the other mass produced OTA's.
While I have a very strong opinion about Celestron products, I do realize
it's mostly a Ford vs. Chevy argument, to which I'm Ford and Celestron.

Jimmy Ray