[AZ-Observing] Re: Celestron 9.25 experience?

  • From: Bob Christ <bchrist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 Sep 2013 11:57:46 -0700

Lori, it appears you've already spotted a target purchase?  Copied from
Starizona's Web site:

"The HyperStar C9.25 lens will ONLY work with factory-equipped
Fastar-compatible telescopes. This means older 9.25" telescopes are NOT
compatible.
The older telescopes cannot be retro-fit with a conversion kit like the other
size SCTs. This is because the opening in the 9.25" corrector plate is smaller
than the diameter of the secondary mirror, meaning the mirror cannot be removed
from the telescope."

So, if you are inclined to head to F2, you'll need to assure the OTA is
compatible with Hyperstar.

Bob Christ