[AZ-Observing] Carina Nebula

  • From: Klaus Brasch <krbrasch@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: undisclosed-recipients:;
  • Date: Sat, 27 Apr 2013 16:05:52 -0700 (GMT-07:00)

body{font-size:10pt;font-family:arial,sans-serif;background
-color:#ffffff;color:black;}p{margin:0px;}Hi All,
I think most of you know that the most spectacular star forming region
visible in our galaxy is the Carina Nebula. Unfortunately you can only see
itin the southern hemisphere. I took a whole bunch of images of it when I
wasin the Atacama region of Chile a couple of years ago. Here is a composite
I made recently with RegiStar and the new version of Photoshop CS6. I was
able to combine images taken with a 4 inch Takahashi refractor and some
takenwith a C-14 equipped with Hyper Star, all with my modified Canon 50D.
This object is roughly 4 times the apparent size of the Orion Nebula and is
so bright you can make out distinct pink coloration through a 14- or 20 inch
telescope.
Enjoy,
Klaus
-- Type: image/jpeg