[AZ-Observing] Re: California Nebula

  • From: "Bernard Miller" <bgmiller011@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 17:48:56 -0700

Very nice Paul.

Bernard

-----Original Message-----
From: az-observing-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:az-observing-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of pulind@xxxxx
Sent: Tuesday, October 16, 2012 3:27 AM
To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [AZ-Observing] California Nebula

I'll try sending this again.  At the AASP I attempted a 4-tile image of the
California Nebula.  Each tile was 3x5minutes on my 12.5 inch f/3.6
astrograph. The first tile sort of slid northward.  A little cropping
helped, but the state in now a bit shorter.  The mosaic was a 150MB TIFF
which was compressed down to 2MB for this:
http://www.pbase.com/paullind/image/146738509

Paul Lind