[AZ-Observing] Re: Cable Gone Out

  • From: "Dan Heim" <dan@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 27 Jul 2009 13:55:39 -0700

Stan et al.

One of the guys in my club had a similar problem and ended up replacing the
whole paddle + cable system ... now it works fine.

This may go back to an earlier discussion regarding how Meade has changed
over the last 10 years.  Probably cheap cable.  You'd think they'd use a
cable with decent stranded (more flexible) wires, but I wouldn't be
surprised if they were using solid a.o.t. stranded.  Did you ever strip that
old cable to see what the internal wires were?

Dan Heim
President
Desert Foothills Astronomy Club
http://www.dfacaz.org