[AZ-Observing] Re: Cabin for Observing?

  • From: Tom Polakis <tpolakis@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2005 18:49:30 -0400

Andrew Cooper wrote:

> Looking for a cabin I can rent somewhere for a few days of saturation
> astronomy on some future date.  I was hoping someone on this list might
> know of a suitable solution.

This is probably a bit more in terms of luxury and length of drive than you're
after, but I have heard a good report about Casitas de Gila as an
astronomy-friendly place.  It is near Silver City, NM, which I would guess is
about 4 hours from Tucson.

http://www.casitasdegila.com/stargazing.html

Is that Richard Payne standing next the the astroimaging setup?

Tom