[AZ-Observing] Bright Meteor (Fireball?) at 7:05 pm Tonight!....

  • From: Greg Askins <gregaskins@xxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, EVAC <evac@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 29 Nov 2004 21:42:34 -0700

My wife and I saw the same meteor tonight at 7:05 pm heading south on
the 101 (Price Freeway) just south of the University on-ramp. It lasted
long enough for me to direct my wife's attention from the kids in the
backseat to the front window.

One of the brightest I've seen (and the brightest my wife has ever seen
according to her). The green color was quite pronounced (especially at
the end); I was hoping for a true fireball explosion it was so bright.
My wife was quite impressed.

The track from my location appeared to be almost due south along the
101; and ended at approx. 30 degrees or so above the horizon.

Any other reports?

Greg Askins
Chandler, AZ

P.S. What a fun thing to see!...