[AZ-Observing] Re: Bright Iridium flare tonight

  • From: "Rick Tejera" <saguaroastro@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 19:16:54 -0700

As usual Heavens above was dead on, to the second. Has anyone else =
noticed
that the brighter the flare the quicker it fades? I've noticed that =
flares
dimmer than -1 or so seem to stay at maximum brightness for a much =
longer
period of time. You can also track the satellite for quite a distance =
across
the sky after it fades. The really bright ones peak and quickly dim. You =
can
track the sat for about half the time. Just wondering if anyone else has
seen this effect.

Clear Skies
Rick Tejera=20
President=20