[AZ-Observing] Braeside Observatory

  • From: Jeff Hopkins <phxjeff@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 16 Nov 2003 16:30:19 -0700

I haven't seen any mention of this, but I saw on the news a couple of
days ago that Bob Fried had dies. I only caught the tail end of the
report, but it seems he dies in a plane crash. In case you didn't
know Bob, he was a retired airline pilot and active amateur
astronomer. He devolved a very nice automated telescope system for
his Braeside Observatory just SW of Flagstaff. He donated it in 2000
to ASU. It is a 16" scope SCT (I think). According to the news the
donation was worth $2 million dollars.

Has anyone else heard what happened? I knew Bob for his photoelectric
photometry work.

Jeff

--
                                      Jeff Hopkins