[AZ-Observing] Re: Boy, am I sorry I started this thread, Marathon

  • From: Brian Skiff <Brian.Skiff@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 14:07:57 -0700 (MST)

>>  Southern Skies Star Party held each year in June at 12K ft...

>>  ...would need an oxygen bottle...

     Yes, this is much too high for visual observing, period.  The visual
viewing will be quite poor compared to the usual Arizona Rim site.
Folks who go there report great views, but it's because they haven't
had much experience at true-dark sites, and because they haven't seen
the southern Milky Way ever before.

\Brian