[AZ-Observing] Re: Boy, am I sorry I started this thread, Marathon

  • From: "Matt Luttinen" <mluttinen@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 31 Mar 2004 12:29:52 -0700

OK, I have one for ya'll, and it's for real:

At the Southern Skies Star Party held each year in June at 12K ft by the
shores of Lake Titicaca, observers try to see as many M objects as =
possible
. . .

So what, you say? Well, there's a condition attached: participants must =
view
the Messiers in the lake's *reflection*.

Heh.

I'd love to see the Southern Milky Way from 2.5 miles high, but I'm =
afraid I
would need an oxygen bottle . . .

Matt