[AZ-Observing] Re: Boy, am I sorry I started this thread, Marathon

  • From: "Jack Jones" <spicastar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 30 Mar 2004 21:38:46 -0700

This is certainly worth being pursued. I will be willing to take you on for
sure at the First Annual SACaThon 112. How many are possible at the New Moon
before and the New Moon after your ideal time of Jan 25? Are there any other
gaps during the year to get at least 110 for a weekend? Also check for gaps
for the Annual EVACaThon 200. That one should really spread out the field.

Jack Jones
Public Events
Saguaro Astronomy Club
Phoenix AZ
spicastar@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
www.saguaroastro.org

> Just to add something of a somewhat serious nature to this rather
whimsical
> thread, I sat down at the computer opened the SAC 110 Best NGC object
target
> list in Skymap and played around a bit. Printed the objects sorted by RA
and
> looked for likley gaps where a "SAC 110 marathon could be accomplished.
Tested
> the results and came up with the optimal date of Jan 25-26. All 112
objects (you