[AZ-Observing] Re: Billboard Lighting

  • From: Stan Gorodenski <stanlep@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Feb 2012 09:11:21 -0700

It can be done if you get involved. Some criticize law enforcement and
firefighters for allegedly "abusing" the system because of the lucrative
retirement benefits in the Done Program. They yell it is an outrage and
not right. They forget the legislator and governor passed this as well
as other retirement benefits many citizens are now against (now that the
economy is in such bad shape, but they had nothing but contempt for
state employment because of its low pay when things were normal). They
did not come about through an administrative decree by the retirement
system or governmental agencies. They came about as the result of
individuals and groups working within the democratic system by attending
hearings, speaking at hearings and committees, and writing letters to
their legislators - getting involved.
Stan