[AZ-Observing] Re: Better skies at Antennas

  • From: stevecoe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 17 Nov 2014 15:24:42 -0700

Howard;

I would estimate the temperature at Antennas about 38 to 40 degrees F
during the coldest period.  I stepped outside last night before I went
to bed at 2 AM, it is certainly chilly, but not really cold.  That was
on the lee side of the RV.  Standing directly in a 15 mph wind it was
miserable.

AJ and I have always said that we show up with clothing to deal with
temperatures around freezing.  Once it is colder than freezing it is
just too miserable to deal with and we are making our way to a warmer
bed.  I know that those of you from colder climates are laughing now,
but that is the way we see it.  Remember AJ and I are both from the
South and have lived in Arizona for over 30 years.

It is about 3 in the afternoon now and the breeze is a little stiffer
than during my previous post.  But, we have been out here often when the
wind has died off by the time it is good and dark, say 8 PM or so.  I am
hoping for the same effect tonight.

Take care;
Steve Coe