[AZ-Observing] Re: Balloon putting on show at sunset

  • From: Rick Tejera <SaguaroAstro@xxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2013 19:49:35 -0700

I know one of the Hams on the chase team. It's currently at about 112k ft.
Looks like they will release it once it's past Prescott it'll decsend like a
brick until it get to about 50thousand feet. Then the parachute will start to
become effective. The amatuer radio operators will track it through gps sent
through the amatuer payload and recover it.

73
Rick Tejera K7TEJ
Saguaro Astronomy Club
www.saguaroastro.org