[AZ-Observing] Re: BLM Land Closures!!!

  • From: Paul Dickson <dickson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: az-observing@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 05:22:28 -0700

On Sun, 30 Jun 2002 10:54:02 -0700, Andrew Cooper wrote:

>      Agua Fria, Vermilion Cliffs, and Grand Canyon-Parashant National
> Monuments,
>      San Pedro, Gila Box, and Las Cienegas National Conservation Areas,
>      Aravaipa Canyon Wilderness Area,
>      Public lands east of the Tohono O'odham Indian Reservation and
>        south and east of Highway 86 to the International border and
>        all the way to the New Mexico border, East of Interstate 10
>        from Tucson to Phoenix, Northeast of Highway 60 from Phoenix
>        to Wickenburg, East of Highway 93 from Wickenburg through
>        Kingman to Hoover Dam, including most of the Arizona Strip.
>
>      All public lands east of Highway 93 to the New Mexico border, and
>        north to the Utah border from the geographic

>        For more information, call 1-877-864-6985, or visit
> www.az.blm.gov, www.azfireinfo.com, or www.fs.fed.us/r3/fire.

From http://www.azfireinfo.com/, the following sites are open for the
Phoenix clubs:

        SAC     Flatiron Site    I-10 Exit 103    1500 ft elev.
                Eagle Eye Site   I-10 Exit 81     1900 ft
                KOFA Site        I-10 Exit 45     1650 ft
                Sentinel         I-8 Exit 87       600 ft

        EVAC    Vekol            I-8 Exit 144     1750 ft

These locations are approximate.  Some sites are 20 miles after you exit
the freeway.

I only know of two sites for EVAC, Vekol and Florence Jct, but the latter
is closed (state land closures are apparently following the BLM lead).
Other EVAC sites are likely East and North of the closure boundaries and
thus closed (unless on private land).

        -Paul

messages.  Thanks.